Last Updated November 9, 2020
This Policy describes:
- The Types of Information We Collect
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- How We May Share the Information We Collect
- Third-Party Services and Content
- Protection and Storage of the Information We Collect
- Your Choices and Rights
- How to Contact Us
- Changes to This Policy
THE TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect your personal information when you provide it to us. “Personal information” is any information that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you. We may automatically collect certain information when you use, access, or interact with our Platforms. And we may collect information from other sources, such as social media platforms that may share information about how you interact with our social media content.
Information you provide to us
You generally can use our Platforms without providing us with personal information.
We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us, including when you communicate with us via email or other channels, including social media; when you sign up for or request that we send you newsletters, alerts, or other materials; when you sign up for a webinar or event; when you respond to our communications or requests for information; when you license or purchase any of our products or services. The information you provide may include your name, your business name, contact information (including both home and work), title, email address, and information about the organization with which you are affiliated. Some of our Platforms may require that you enter a password or other information in order to access certain features, and we collect such credentials when you enter them. If you purchase or license any of our Products, we will also collect credit card information.
Information we may collect automatically
We use browser cookies and similar technologies (collectively, “Cookies”) to collect and store certain information when you use, access, or interact with our Platforms. We may, for example, collect information about the type of device you use to access the Platforms, the operating system and version, your IP address, your general geographic location as indicated by your IP address, your browser type, the content you view and features you access on the Platforms, the web pages you view immediately before and after you access the Platforms, whether and how you interact with content available on the Platforms, and the search terms you enter on the Platforms.
Please note that we do not currently respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that may allow you to opt out of the collection of information across networks of websites and online services as there is no standard for how online services should respond to such signals. As standards develop, we may develop policies for responding to do-not-track signals that we will describe in this Policy.
Information we collect from other sources
We may receive information about you from other sources, including third parties that help us: update, expand, and analyze our records; identify new customers; or prevent or detect fraud. We may also receive information about you from social media platforms including but not limited to when you interact with us on those platforms or access our social media content. The information we may receive is governed by the privacy settings, policies, and/or procedures of the applicable social media platform, and we encourage you to review them.
Precise location information
When you access the Platforms via a mobile device, we may collect precise location information if you permit the Platforms to access such information. We may use this information to provide you with content based on your location.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the information we collect:
- To respond to your inquiries;
- To provide you with accounting and other services that you request;
- To process payment for, and deliver any, Products that you license or purchase;
- To invite you to our social media accounts, pages and groups;
- To operate, troubleshoot, and improve the Platforms;
- To send you newsletters, updates, marketing communications, and other information or materials that may interest you;
- To maintain our list of contacts;
- To understand how people use our Platforms and interact with our advertising, including by generating and analyzing statistics;
- For Prod Co Accountants’ business purposes, including data analysis; submitting invoices; detecting, preventing, and responding to actual or potential fraud, illegal activities, or intellectual property infringement;
- To assess the effectiveness of our events, promotional campaigns, and publications;
- To evaluate, recruit, and hire personnel; and
- As we believe reasonably necessary or appropriate to: comply with our legal obligations; respond to legal process or requests for information issued by government authorities or other third parties; or protector your, our, or others’ rights.
HOW WE MAY SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may share information with alliance partners and vendors for business purposes such as internal administration, billing, promoting our events and services, and providing you or your organization with services.
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise share information that reasonably identifies you or your organization with unaffiliated entities for their independent use except as expressly described in this Policy or with your prior permission. We may share information that does not reasonably identify you or your organization as permitted by applicable law.
We may also disclose information we collect:
- To our third-party service providers that perform services on our behalf, such as web-hosting companies, mailing vendors, analytics providers, event hosting services, and information technology providers.
- To law enforcement, other government authorities, or third parties (within or outside the jurisdiction in which you reside) as may be permitted or required by the laws of any jurisdiction that may apply to us; as provided for under contract; or as we deem reasonably necessary to provide you services. In these circumstances, we take reasonable efforts to notify you before we disclose information that may reasonably identify you or your organization, unless prior notice is prohibited by applicable law or is not possible or reasonable in the circumstances.
- To service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
We may share anonymous, de-identified, or aggregate information that cannot reasonably identify you with others for any purpose, as permitted by applicable law. Please note that any personal information that you post to a profile, blog, comment section, or forum on our Platforms (including our social media pages) may be available to other users of those forums or, in some cases, made publicly available.
Grounds for using or processing your personal information
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information, namely:
- Performance of a contract or order – We may need to collect and use your personal information to enter into a contract you or to perform a contract that you have with us, or to fulfill an order that you place for one of our Products. For example, when you use our Platforms we will use your personal information to respond to your requests and provide you with such services.
- Consent – By using our Platforms, you consent to our use of your personal information as described in this Policy. If you object to such use, please cease all uses of the Platforms. We may use precise location information as described in this Policy. You may be able to disable the sharing of location information in your browser or mobile application settings.
- Legitimate interests – We may use your personal information for our legitimate interests to improve our products and services and the content on our Platforms. Consistent with our legitimate interests and any choices that we offer or consents that may be required under applicable laws, we may use technical information as described in this Policy and use personal information for our marketing purposes.
THIRD-PARTY SERVICES AND CONTENT
Our Platforms may include integrated content or links to content provided by third parties (such as video materials). This Policy does not address the privacy, security, or other practices of the third parties that provide such content.
PROTECTION AND STORAGE OF THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We take reasonable precautions to comply with applicable legal requirements and safeguard the information that we collect. However, no information system can be 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to us over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
The Platforms are controlled and operated by Prod Co Accountants from Minnesota, in the United States. We do not intentionally market our services outside of the United States. If you reside outside of the United States, we make no representation as to whether our privacy practices comply with your country of residence. We may store the information we collect in the United States or in other countries where we or our service providers have facilities. We may transfer information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection laws and regulations that differ from those in your country .
YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can let us know by sending us an email via our Contact Us page. And the electronic marketing communications we send you may contain unsubscribe opt-out mechanisms that allow you to register your marketing preferences. Please note that if you opt-out of marketing communications, we may still contact you with non-promotional communications, such as those about ongoing business relations or administrative messages.
Subject to local law, you may have certain rights regarding information that we have collected and that is related to you. We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if you believe that any information that we have collected about you is inaccurate. You can also ask us to see what personal information we hold about you, to erase your personal information and you may tell us if you object to our use of your personal information. In some jurisdictions, you may have a right to complain to your local data protection authority. If you would like to discuss or exercise the rights you may have, send us an email via our Contact Us page.
HOW TO CONTACT US
We welcome your inquiries and comments. But please note that if you are not a client, we may not be able to treat the information you send us as confidential or privileged. If you wish to contact us regarding our services, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may update this Policy from time to time. The effective date of the current Policy is noted at the top of this page. We encourage you to periodically review this page. If we make any material changes in the way we collect, use, and/or share the personal information that you have provided, we will notify you by posting notice of the changes in a clear and conspicuous manner on the Prod Co Accountants Platforms.