Terms & Conditions & Earnings Disclaimer
Last Updated November 9, 2020
Welcome to the Terms of Service for Ransom Enterprises, Inc., d/b/a Prod Co Accountants (“Prod Co”, “Prod Co Accountants”, “our”, “we”, “us”, whether capitalized or lowercase). These Terms of Service describe the terms and conditions applicable to your (“you”, “your”, whether capitalized or lowercase) access and use of our websites, portals, email correspondence and any of our social media channels (collectively, our “Platforms”), the license or purchase of any of our products, such as The Line It Up System, attendance at any of our events, watching any of our video training or using any of our tools (collectively, our “Products”).
We may amend these Terms of Service at any time by posting the amended Terms of Service on this website. All amended terms and conditions will be automatically effective after they are posted on the website.
A. NO INDIVIDUAL REPRESENTATION; EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY
No individual accountant-client relationship is formed between you and Prod Co as a result of viewing or using our Platforms, licensing, purchasing or using any of our Products, or submitting a contact request or email. If you have specific accounting questions, you should seek the advice of an accountant authorized to practice in your jurisdiction.
Our Platforms and Products do not constitute accounting or financial advice and are not guaranteed to be accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. Where testimonials, case studies or representative projects are included from purchasers of our Products, results achieved do not guarantee similar outcomes for others.
Our Platforms are not an advertisement for accounting or financial services or a solicitation of clients.
All of the information provided on our Platforms and in our Products (including the digital content, whether available for purchase or not) are resources for educational and informational purposes only and should not be relied on as a substitute for specific financial or accounting advice.
B. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS AND LICENSES
1. Prod Co Accountants Intellectual Property. The content in our Platforms and Products is the sole and exclusive property of Prod Co Accountants and is protected by intellectual property rights. The following (whether in plain text or graphic/design form) are the trademarks and services marks of Prod Co Accountants: “Ransom Enterprises, Inc.”, “Prod Co Accountants”, “Production Company Accountants” (including the television design), “The Line It Up System” (including the television and rising financial arrow design), “Line It Up Accounting” and “PCA” (including the green and white circle design).
All content and information contained on our Platforms and in our Products are the copyrighted property of Prod Co Accountants.
Collectively, all the intellectual property rights of Prod Co Accountants in and to the Platforms and Products (including but not limited to trademarks, services marks and copyrights) is the “Prod Co Accountants IP.” You may not use, copy, modify, perform, display, create derivative versions of, extract, or otherwise exploit Prod Co Accountants IP except as expressly set forth in these Terms of Service.
Any trademarks or service marks of third parties referenced on any of our Platforms are the property of such third party. No claim of rights to such third party trademarks or service marks is made by us.
2. Permitted Uses of the Products and Other Prod Co Accountants IP. If you have licensed or purchased any Products, Prod Co Accountants hereby grants you a perpetual (subject to termination for breach of this license), non-transferable, non-sublicensable, non-assignable license for non-commercial, personal or internal business use only to:
(a) access and browse the relevant Product(s);
(b) view any video training that is included with the relevant Product;
(c) use any tools, templates or checklists that are part of the relevant Product to conduct internal analyses and assessments for your business; and
(d) view any content contained on the Platforms.
3. Excluded Uses of the Products and Other Prod Co Accountants IP. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN PARAGRAPH B.2 ABOVE, you may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, distribute, display, reproduce or perform, or in any way exploit in any format whatsoever any of the Platforms, Products or Prod Co Accountants IP, in whole or in part, without our prior written consent. By way of clarification but not limitation, you may not:
(a) include such content in or with any product or service that you create or distribute;
(b) modify, create a derivative version of, translate, copy, record, duplicate, reproduce, rent, sell, resell, or use or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of our Platforms and Products;
(c) provide to a third party, whether for free or for a fee, access to any video training, membership portals or private groups that are part of our Platforms or Products;
(d) provide to a third party for free copies of the customizable templates contained in the Products for use by the third party in their business;
(e) use a deep link to any page on our Platforms or Products that is not the home/primary page, or frame containing any portion of our Platforms or Products;
(f) copy or include the content from our Platforms and/or Products in your or any other website or publication; or
(g) encourage or instruct, directly or indirectly, any other person to do the same.
Use of Prod Co Accountants IP without our express permission, or except as expressly set forth in this Terms of Service, is an infringement of our intellectual property rights, and we reserve the right to take all actions at law or in equity necessary to protect any such misuse or infringement.
C. ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, OUR PLATFORMS AND PRODUCTS
1.Products. We have used commercially reasonable efforts to provide accurate descriptions of our Products, however, we cannot guarantee that a Product is suitable for your needs, or is error-free. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct errors in content or pricing as we become aware of them. We reserve the right to not honor any significant pricing errors for our Products.
2. Membership Portal. All of our Products are delivered digitally. Upon purchase of one (or more) of our Products for the first time, you will need to set up a user account on the appropriate Prod Co Accountants or Line It Up System Membership Portal, which is how the Products are delivered to you. Setting up your user account will require you to provide your name, email address, username, password and other personal information. You agree that you will use your best efforts to provide accurate information to Prod Co Accountants, and that you will not share the Products, or your username and password with anyone else.
3. Payments; Refund Policy. You acknowledge and agree that you will make full payments to Prod Co Accountants for all purchased or licensed Product(s). If you select an installment method, you authorize Prod Co Accountants to automatically charge the credit card on file for any and all payment balances due, and you agree to keep this information current and up-to-date with Prod Co Accountants. If any payment is insufficient or declined for any reason, we may revoke your access to the Products, without refund. Since our Products are delivered digitally, and will be in your possession upon purchase, we do not provide refunds. You agree not to dispute any charges with your credit card company or other financial institution for Products which you purchased and for which you have already received access.
4. Feedback. You acknowledge and agree that to the extent that you provide any comments, questions, survey responses, discussions, ideas, suggestions or other feedback to Prod Co Accountants either pertaining to our through our Platforms and Products (collectively, the “Feedback”), such Feedback shall automatically become the property of Prod Co Accountants, and may be used by Prod Co Accountants in perpetuity without compensation to you of any kind.
D. VIOLATION OF LAWS, RULES AND REGULATIONS
You acknowledge and agree that our Platforms and Products are designed for individuals who are eighteen (18) years or older, and who have the legal authority to enter into these Terms of Service. You agree to use the Platforms and Products for lawful purposes only, and you will take no actions which infringe our intellectual property rights, or the rights of any third parties. If you violate the terms of the Terms of Service, slander, libel, defame or otherwise harm the reputation and goodwill of Prod Co Accountants, or take any actions which could subject Prod Co Accountants to civil or criminal liability, Prod Co Accountants reserves the right to immediately remove your access to our Platforms and Products, without refund. In addition, Prod Co Accountants reserves the right to seek all other remedies available at law and in equity for violations of the rules and regulations set forth on our Platforms, including violating these Terms of Service.
E. INBOUND AND OUTBOUND LINKED INTERNET SITES
THERE ARE LINKS IN ON OUR PLATFORMS WHICH LET YOU LEAVE THE PLATFORMS, AND THIRD PARTIES MAY HAVE LINKS TO OUR PLATFORMS. THE LINKED SITES, WHETHER INBOUND OR OUTBOUND, ARE NOT UNDER THE CONTROL OF PROD CO ACCOUNTANTS, AND THE CONTENT AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET SITES LINKED TO OUR PLATFORMS DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE OPINION OF PROD CO ACCOUNTANTS. PROD CO ACCOUNTANTS IS PROVIDING THESE LINKS TO OTHER INTERNET SITES AS A CONVENIENCE TO YOU, AND ACCESS TO ANY OTHER INTERNET SITES LINKED TO OUR PLATFORMS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. PROD CO ACCOUNTANTS ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR, OR ANY OBLIGATION TO MONITOR, THE CONTENT OF SUCH LINKED INTERNET SITES. THE INCLUSION OF ANY LINK DOES NOT IMPLY A RECOMMENDATION OR ENDORSEMENT BY PROD CO ACCOUNTANTS OF THE LINKED SITE. PROD CO ACCOUNTANTS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL GUARANTEES, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES PERTAINING TO THE CONTENT, ACCURACY, VALUE, COMPLETENESS, OR QUALITY OF ANY INFORMATION, MATERIALS OR PRODUCTS ON SUCH LINKED SITES.
F. NO WARRANTIES; RESULTS NOT GUARANTEED
1. Disclaimer of Warranties. ALL CONTENT, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ON OUR PLATFORMS AND IN OUR PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED TO YOU FOR EDUCATIONAL AND INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY, AND ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. PROD CO ACCOUNTANTS MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENCY, OR RELIABILITY OF ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH OUR PLATFORMS OR PRODUCTS, OR REGARDING THE TIMELINESS OF TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION BETWEEN ANY USERS OF THIS WEBSITE, OR BETWEEN USERS AND PROD CO ACCOUNTANTS. VERIFYING THE ACCURACY OF, OR THE USE OR RELIANCE ON, ANY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN ON OUR PLATFORMS AND PRODUCTS IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF YOU AS USER OF THE PLATFORMS AND PRODUCTS. PROD CO ACCOUNTANTS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT USE OF OUR PRODUCTS AND PLATFORMS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR TAKING ALL PRECAUTIONS NECESSARY TO ENSURE THAT ANY CONTENT AND PRODUCTS YOU MAY OBTAIN FROM OUR PLATFORMS IS FREE OF VIRUSES.
2. Results Not Guaranteed. We may share the successful results users of Prod Co Accountants and our Platforms, and customers of the Products. Such examples are not to be interpreted as a promise or guarantee, verbally or in writing, regarding your results, negotiation success, future earnings, business profit, or results of any kind. By accessing the Platforms and Products, you acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for your business and results from your participation on the Platforms or use of our Products. We do not guarantee that you will get any results using any of our ideas, tools, checklists, templates, strategies or recommendations, and nothing in our Platforms and Products is a guarantee or warranty of such results.
3. Testimonials. Our Platforms and Products may contain or refer to testimonials, reviews, case studies or other feedback from others about our Platforms and Products. The results obtained by these users and customers are not necessarily typical and are not a guarantee of the types of results you can achieve by using the information and materials in our Platforms and Products.
G. EARNINGS DISCLAIMER
AS STIPULATED BY LAW, WE CANNOT AND DO NOT MAKE ANY GUARANTEES ABOUT YOUR ABILITY TO GET RESULTS WITH OUR PRODUCTS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO OUR IDEAS, INFORMATION, TOOLS OR STRATEGIES. NOTHING ON ANY OF OUR PLATFORMS OR IN ANY OF OUR PRODUCTS IS A PROMISE OR GUARANTEE OF RESULTS OR FUTURE PROFIT, AND WE DO NOT OFFER ANY LEGAL, MEDICAL, TAX OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL ADVICE. ANY FINANCIAL NUMBERS REFERENCED HERE, OR ON ANY OF OUR SITES, ARE ILLUSTRATIVE OF CONCEPTS ONLY.
MAKING DECISIONS BASED ON ANY INFORMATION PRESENTED ON OUR PLATFORMS OR IN OUR PRODUCTS SHOULD BE DONE ONLY WITH THE KNOWLEDGE THAT YOU COULD EXPERIENCE RISK OR LOSSES JUST LIKE ANY ENTREPRENEURIAL ENDEAVOR. USE CAUTION AND ALWAYS CONSULT YOUR ACCOUNTANT, LAWYER OR PROFESSIONAL ADVISOR BEFORE ACTING ON THIS OR ANY INFORMATION RELATED TO A LIFESTYLE CHANGE OR YOUR BUSINESS OR FINANCES. YOU ALONE ARE RESPONSIBLE AND ACCOUNTABLE FOR YOUR DECISIONS, ACTIONS AND RESULTS IN LIFE, AND BY YOUR ENGAGEMENT WITH PROD CO ACCOUNTANTS YOU AGREE NOT TO ATTEMPT TO HOLD US LIABLE FOR YOUR DECISIONS, ACTIONS OR RESULTS, AT ANY TIME, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.
H. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
PROD CO ACCOUNTANTS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR PLATFORMS AND PRODUCTS EVEN IF PROD CO HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO RELIANCE BY ANY PARTY ON ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH USE OF OUR PLATFORMS OR PRODUCTS, OR THAT ARISES IN CONNECTION WITH MISTAKES OR OMISSIONS IN, OR DELAYS IN TRANSMISSION OF, INFORMATION TO OR FROM THE USER OR BETWEEN USERS, INTERRUPTIONS IN TELECOMMUNICATIONS CONNECTIONS TO OUR PLATFORMS OR VIRUSES, WHETHER CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY NEGLIGENCE, ACTS OF GOD, TELECOMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OUR PLATFORMS, PRODUCTS OR RELATED INFORMATION.
I. EMAIL AND ELECTRONIC TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION
You understand that the Internet is public and that e-mail communications and electronic transmission of information between you and Prod Co Accountants, or between you and any other user via our Platforms are subject to the risk of being viewed by other parties. Accordingly, you agree not to transmit confidential or proprietary information relating to you or your business to Prod Co Accountants or to other users via e-mail.
J. GOVERNING LAW AND GENERAL PROVISIONS
1. Location of Operations. This Website is operated from the State of Minnesota within the United States of America. Prod Co Accountants makes no representation that the information in the Platforms or Products is appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to the Platforms and Products from territories where the contents of the Platforms or Products may be illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access the Platforms and Products from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
2. Disputes, Arbitration. If there is any dispute between you and Prod Co Accountants, you acknowledge and agree that we shall first attempt to resolve the dispute between us. If the dispute is not resolved within thirty (30) calendar days, you agree to resolve the dispute through binding arbitration located in the State of Minnesota, pursuant to the rules of the American Arbitration Association. The judgment for the award determined by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Costs of arbitration, including attorney fees, will be determined by the arbitrator. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that you breach, or threaten to breach, Sections B, C or D of these Terms of Service, Prod Co Accountants shall have the right to immediate relief in a court of law or equity (including by ex parte methods, and including the award of our reasonable attorneys’ fees, costs and expenses) without the necessity for posting bond and without first resorting to arbitration.
3. Governing Law. Any claims relating to the Platforms and Products will be governed by the laws of the State of Minnesota excluding the application of its conflicts of law rules. You irrevocably consent to jurisdiction and venue in the State of Minnesota.
4. Severability. If any provision of these Terms of Service is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
5. No Waiver. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
6. Entire Agreement. These Terms of Service set forth the entire understanding and agreement between us with respect to the subject matter hereof. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Prod Co Accountants may post supplemental terms and conditions regarding privacy and user information on this Website, which shall become binding upon automatically users if and when such additional terms and conditions are posted.
7. Assignment. You may not assign, license, sublicense, transfer or otherwise convey these Terms of Services and/or your rights to use the Platforms or Products to any third party without the prior written consent of Prod Co Accountants, which may be withheld in our sole and absolute discretion. Any attempted assignment, license, transfer or conveyance is void and not enforceable. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Prod Co Accountants may assign, license, sublicense, transfer or convey its rights and obligations to the Platforms, Products and under these Terms of Service to any party at any time without notice to you.
8. Relationship of the Parties. You acknowledge and agree that there is no partnership, joint venture, employment, contractor agency relationship between you and Prod Co Accountants as a result of you using the Platforms or purchasing the Products. No professional accountant-client relationship is formed with Prod Co Accountants individually as a result of using the Platforms or purchasing the Products. In order for an accountant-client relationship to be formed, you would need to enter into a separate written engagement agreement with Prod Co Accountants, wherein both you and Prod Co Accountants agree to the scope of the representation.
9. Changes to Terms of Service. We may change these Terms of Service from time to time, without prior notice. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Terms of Service. We encourage you to review the Terms of Service whenever you interact with us to stay informed. Your continued use of the Platforms or Products after the revised Terms of Service has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of the Terms of Service.
K. CONTACT US
You may contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments about the Terms of Service. We typically respond to emails only during regular business hours Monday through Friday, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond as promptly as possible during such time.